Ready to help the EU biodiversity network?
The CETAF General Secretariat is currently looking for a new Administration Officer to join its team in Brussels!
Administration officer (Part time)
A bit about CETAF
CETAF is Europe’s network of research performing organizations. The members of our community are natural history museums, botanical gardens and biodiversity research centres from across Europe that hold a wealth of biological and geological collections, including animals, plants, fungi, rocks and genetic resources. The collections of our 74 institutions from 24 European countries comprise an estimated 1.5 billion specimens, including over 80% of the world’s described species. This unprecedented resource serves to drive scientific research and public engagement worldwide
The General Secretariat of CETAF is committed to implement the CETAF strategic vision, enable the deployment of our mission and bring the values of the community into scientific excellence while thus serving the society to tackle the major challenges we face. We advocate, engage and work closely with other European and international actors to preserve bio and geodiversity in our planet. We participate in projects and initiatives that support scientific research and promote and foster taxonomy as a fundamental discipline in support of others such as ecology, genetics or biochemistry.
We are now looking for a new professional to join our team in Brussels, Belgium.
A successful Administration Officer (m/f/x) will coordinate, implement and supervise the overall administration of CETAF as a Belgian aisbl. Additionally, they will provide support for the financial, organizational and administrative implementation of the EU-funded projects CETAF is involved in.
If you have previous experience in office management within a small non-for-profit organisation (and ideally in EU-funded projects’ management assistance), we’d like to meet you. We are looking for a highly motivated professional to work with research organizations in the field of environmental sciences within an international context.
Our ideal candidate is very rigorous, precise, and well organized. He or she maintains a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security. Computer literacy, organizational competences as well as administration skills are required. The candidate holds a bachelor’s degree. Proactiveness, compliance, reliability, self-organization, respect for procedures and anticipation are absolutely key. He or she will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Day-to-day handling and monitoring of financial and administrative tasks related to CETAF and its initiatives (e.g. expenses, budgets, invoices), including preparation of reports, maintaining and updating filing systems, databases and the Secretariat calendar
- Support the CETAF staff with the running of the administrative, organizational and financial management of CETAF related projects, to ensure their efficient implementation.
- Provide IT support & troubles channelling
- Manage Office infrastructure, including placing orders and supplies stocking
- Secure onboarding support for new staff.
- Channel HR topics with external Social Secretariat
- Support the organization of in-house and external events, including scheduling, arranging travel and accommodations, and allocating needed meeting spaces
- Support the Executive Director in the development of tasks
- Formal education in a related field (e.g. business, public administration) with a minimum 3 years of experience, or equivalent work experience of a minimum 5 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. All other European languages, especially French, are a plus.
- Experience in implementing office procedures, financial and administrative reporting in non-profit organizations, including in the context of EU-funded projects.
- Solid knowledge of office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically) and databases.
- Good computer literacy.
- Experience with office software in time recording (e.g. Timecamp), survey deployment (Cognito, Google), accounting systems and project management (e.g. Teamwork).
- Authorized to work in Belgium
The ideal candidate will have the following specific competencies:
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Service-provision oriented;
- Able to work well in an international environment;
- Well-organized with an eye for detail;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines;
Preference will be given to people with:
- Knowledge of the Belgian legal landscape concerning AISBL;
- Scientific background or experience in working in a scientific environment;
- Experience in management of international projects;
- Training/certifications in project management.
Start date: ASAP
- Work pattern: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Contract: 1 year (renewable)
CETAF General Secretariat
c/o Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences
Rue Vautier, 29
1000 Brussels, Belgium
- We offer you:
- Competitive salary;
- Friendly and dynamic working environment;
- International team;
- Travel opportunities;
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter in English and as a single file [named <<last name, first name_admin officer], addressed to the CETAF Executive Director, Ana Casino (email@example.com), with the subject line “Administration Officer” by 29 August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.