The Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin and the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin are organising the 2016 GGBN conference, held from June 21 through June 24, 2016, in Berlin, Germany.
The Global Genome Biodiversity Network is a collaborative effort to cryo-preserve and provide access to genomic samples from across the Tree of Life.
The theme of the conference is: “Meeting the Challenge: How to Preserve a Cross-Section of the Tree of Life”.
Sessions and Workshops are planned on:
- Concerted collecting and sampling strategies to preserve the Tree of Life
- Sampling the lost world in Natural History collections
- Nagoya Protocol: consequences and solutions
- Knowledge exchange: natural history meets applied biobanking
- Implementing GGBN standards and best practice
This event will be hold in parallel to the 31st Annual Meeting of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections.