The kick-off meeting of the TETTRIs project will be held in Belgium, at the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), on the 18th and 19th of January, 2023, followed by the first General Assembly on the 20th . The meeting is organized by the TETTRIs coordinators, RBINS and the European Consortium of Taxonomic Facilities (CETAF), with the attendance of representatives from all the partners of the Consortium.
TETTRIs stands for Transforming European Taxonomy through Training, Research and Innovations and aims to initiate a transformative change in taxonomy by building taxonomic capacity and generating new knowledge by developing innovative tools and mechanisms that will be implemented in the field through validation actions. TETTRIs is a funded project under Horizon Europe with a lifetime of 42 months and a budget of 6M euros, including 1.8M euros of cascade grants to support third-party projects.
The TETTRIs project gathers 17 partners including natural history museums and botanic gardens across 11 European countries, and organizations around citizen-science (European Citizen Science Association-ECSA), taxonomic facilities (CETAF) and other taxonomic initiatives (Catalogue of Life-CoL).
1.INSTITUT ROYAL DES SCIENCES NATURELLES DE BELGIQUE (RBINS), Brussels, Belgium,
2. CONSORTIUM OF EUROPEAN TAXONOMIC FACILITIES (CETAF), Brussels, Belgium
3. AGENTSCHAP PLANTENTUIN MEISE (MeiseBG), MEISE, Belgium
4. STICHTING CATALOGUE OF LIFE (CoL), WEESP, Netherlands,
5. VEREIN DER EUROPAEISCHEN BURGERWISSENSCHAFTEN (ECSA) Berlin, Germany
6. HELSINGIN YLIOPISTO (LUOMUS), HELSINKI, Finland,
7. FREIE UNIVERSITAET BERLIN (FUB-BGBM), Berlin, Germany,
8. VÄSTRA GÖTALANDSREGIONEN (VGR), Vanersborg, Sweden
9. BOTANICKY USTAV AV CR, V.V.I. (IBOT-CAS), PRUHONICE, Czech Republic
10. MUSEUM NATIONAL D’HISTOIRE NATURELLE (MNHN), Paris, France,
11. PANEPISTIMIO KRITIS (NHMC-UOC), Rethymno, Greece,
12. KOBENHAVNS UNIVERSITET (NHMD (UCPH), Kopenhagen, Denmark,
13. NATURHISTORISCHES MUSEUM (NHMW), Vienna, Austria
14. UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI FIRENZE (UNIFI), Florence, Italy
15. GOETEBORGS UNIVERSITET (UGOT), Gothenburg, Sweden
16. STAATLICHES MUSEUM FUER NATURKUNDE STUTTGART, Stuttgart, Germany
17. STICHTING NATURALIS BIODIVERSITY CENTER (NATURALIS), Leiden, The Netherlands.