In this section you will be able to explore the publications produced by CETAF and by CETAF members, including journals, floras and scientific articles or educational material and policy oriented papers.
A list of publishing platforms that are related to taxonomy as well as organisations that publish within CETAF's field of interest is also provided below
CETAF is an organisation with a European and International outlook. It focuses on the dissemination of infomation on natural history collections and scientific research and, via its members, on the promotion of taxonomy, systematics and collections based research via scientific publishing. CETAF supports the European Journal of Taxonomy, its flagship scientific, open-access journal. CETAF also focuses on publishing Policy and Position Papers that investigate the role of Natural History Collections and associated research in shaping and contributing to today's society.
CETAF POLICY & POSITION PAPERS
CETAF Policy and Position Papers aim at bridging the gap between scientific research, scientific policy and societal challenges.
THE CETAF BRATISLAVA DECLARATION ON THE 2050 VISION OF THE CBD
CETAF & GBIF JOINT STATEMENT "TAXONOMY IN THE POST-2020 FRAMEWORK FOR BIODIVERSITY"
CETAF E-PUBLISHING GUIDELINES
CETAF WORKSHOP: CETAF JOINT RESEARCH AGENDA FOR BIODIVERSITY
CETAF AND DiSSCo - AN UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITY FOR NATURAL SCIENCE COLLECTIONS
CETAF EXECUTIVE STATEMENT "DIGITAL SEQUENCE INFORMATION (DSI) OF GENETIC RESOURCES
CETAF FRAMEWORK FOR RESPONSIBLE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
CETAF STRATEGY EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CETAF STRATEGY & STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2015-2025:
CETAF CODE OF CONDUCT & BEST PRACTICES FOR ACCESS & BENEFIT-SHARING (Note: these files contain the first publication of the the CETAF Code of Conduct and Material Transfer Agreements from 2015. To see the latest version please visit the dedicated webpage):
MATERIAL TRANSFER AGREEMENT TEMPLATES (ACCESS & BENEFIT-SHARING):
Provision of Material with NO change in ownership
Provision of Material WITH change in ownership
RECEIPT of Material WITH change in ownership
Güntsch, A. et al. 2017. Actionable, long-term stable and semantic web compatible identifiers for access to biological collection objects. Database (Oxford). Vol. 2017 (1).
Price, M. J. 2014. The Consortium of European Taxonomic Facilities (CETAF): Exploring and documenting diversity in nature. Taxon 63(5): 1161-1163.
Neumann, et al. 2014. Access and Benefit Sharing - Global Implications for Biodiversity Research, Collections and Collection Management arising from the Nagoya Protocol. Collection Forum. Vol.28 (Sept 2014). SPNHC.
San Francisco DORA 2012 Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). Putting science into the assessment of resea.
CETAF 2008. Position Paper on Biodiversity and Europe: the Contribution of Taxonomy and the European Taxonomic Facilities
CETAF 2004. Position Paper. Biodiversity and Europe the contribution of taxonomy and the European taxonomic facilities.
CETAF 2004. Support for European Directory of Species Names.
EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF TAXONOMY
EJT is a scientific journal focusing on descriptive taxonomy. It encompasses the fields of zoology, entomology, botany and palaeontology, and is of global scope, both in terms of its authorship and its geographical coverage.
EJT is an international Open Access, peer-reviewed, and fully electronic journal. Its articles are original and adhere to high scientific and technical standards as the impact factor of 0.649 for 2016 shows.
EJT was established within the European Distributed Institute of Taxonomy (EDIT) and was integrated into CETAF in 2011. The journal is currently run by 9 CETAF member institutions from Belgium, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK.
No 445 (2018): A mountain of millipedes VII: The genus Eviulisoma Silvestri, 1910, in the Udzungwa Mountains, Tanzania, and related species from other Eastern Arc Mountains. With notes on Eoseviulisoma Brolemann, 1920, and Suohelisoma Hoffman, 1963 (Diplopoda, Polydesmida, Paradoxosomatidae)
No 100 (2014) - special printed edition: A mountain of millipedes I: An endemic species-group of the genus Chaleponcus Attems, 1914, from the Udzungwa Mountains, Tanzania (Diplopoda, Spirostreptida, Odontopygidae)
More info at www.europeanjournaloftaxonomy.eu
CETAF members produce or edit a range of documents, papers and articles. Below, you can find their latest Scientific Publications, and documents relating to Public Outreach and Education.
You can look for further documentation on our members individual websites, in English or in the National language(s) of the country concerned or search for publications by our members via our search engine of institutional assets.
Scientific Journals and other publications
The CETAF community is very diverse, and its members produce an array of scientific publications (journals, floras, scientific articles). In the list below, you can find an overview of journals published or edited by our members.
- Annalen des Naturhistorischen Museums in Wien, Serie A (EN)
- Annalen des Naturhistorischen Museums in Wien, Serie B (DE, EN)
- Beiträge zur Naturkunde Oberösterreichs (DE)
- Denisia (DE)
- Linzer biologische Beiträge (EN, DE)
- Stapfia (DE, EN)
- Vogelkundliche Nachrichten aus Oberösterreich, Naturschutz aktuell (DE)
- Archaeopteryx Annual magazine of the Friends of the Jura-Museum Eichstätt (DE)
- Archiv für Molluskenkunde - International Journal of Malacology (EN)
- Arthropod Systematics & Phylogeny (EN)
- Bonn Zoological Bulletin (EN)
- Braunschweiger Naturkundliche Schriften (DE)
- Contributions to Entomology - Beiträge zur Entomologie (DE, EN)
- Deutsche Entomologische Zeitschrift German Entomological Journal (EN)
- Documenta Archaeobiologiae Jahrbuch der Staatssammlung für Anthropologie und Paläoanatomie München (DE, EN)
- Evolutionary Systematics (EN)
- Fossil Record (EN)
- Marine Biodiversity (EN)
- Meer und Museum - Yearbook of Historical Oceanography (DE)
- Museumsjournal Natur und Mensch (DE)
- Myotis - Fachzeitschrift für Fledermausforschung (DE)
- Palaeodiversity (EN)
- Paleobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments (EN)
- Soil Organisms (EN)
- Spixiana - Zeitschrift für Zoologie (DE)
- Studia Dipteroligica (DE, EN)
- Stuttgarter Beiträge zur Naturkunde A (Biologie) (EN)
- Vertebrate Zoology (DE, EN)
- Willdenowia - Annals of the Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin (EN)
- Zitteliana Yearly series and monographs of The Bavarian State Collection of Palaeontology and Geology (DE)
- Zoosystematics and Evolution (EN)
- Blumea. Biodiversity, Evolution and Biogeography of Plants (EN)
- Contributions to Zoology (EN)
- Flora Malesiana (EN)
- Flora of the Guianas (EN)
- Gorteria. Tijdschrift voor onderzoek aan de wilde flora (NE)
- Persoonia. Molecular Phylogeny and Evolution of Fungi (EN)
- Scripta Geologica (EN)
- Zoologische Mededelingen - Zoological Announcements (EN)
- Meddelanden från Göteborgs Natur historiska Museum. Nr 32 (2013) (SE)
- Boissiera. Original scientific memoirs on the systematics, morphology, chorology and ecology of plants (EN, FR)
- Candollea. Original scientific papers on the systematics, morphology, chorology and ecology of plants (EN, FR, ES, DE)
- Flora del Paraguay (ES)
- La Feuille Verte (FR)
- Revue de Paléobiologie (FR, DE, EN, ES, IT, POR)
- Revue Suisse de Zoologie (EN)
Public Outreach and Education
CETAF members transmit their knowledge to the general public, especially children and students. Topics covered range from current environmental and climate change issues, to the processes of evolution, or ecosystem and species management.
Cataloghi e collezioni. Firenze University Press (IT)
Teaching Resources. Environmental Education Documents. Conservatory and Botanical Garden of the City of Geneva (FR).
Naturalis Nature books. (NE)
Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences. Didactical Files.
Relevant organisations or initiatives
Here you can find a list of organisations and initiatives whose work is related to CETAF.