Job offer: we are looking for a new Programmes Coordinator at CETAF!
CETAF General Secretariat is currently looking for a new Programmes Coordinator to join its team in Brussels!
As Programmes Coordinator (m/f/x), you will be joining our team at the General Secretariat, in Brussels. You will be in charge of monitoring European and/or international initiatives and policies, coordinating CETAF’s role in European initiatives and implementing strategic actions, including EU projects, managing databases, and developing services and products for CETAF members. You will be supervised by and work closely with the Executive Director, as well as in collaboration with the other General Secretariat Staff.
Who are we?
The CETAF community unites major natural history and natural science museums, botanic gardens and research centres in Europe to create a unique research network made up by 40 Members including 70 research organizations across 22 countries.
The collections at the heart of CETAF Members facilitate fundamental geodiversity and biodiversity research, particularly in taxonomy and systematics, that enables ground-breaking discoveries across broad fields of science. The CETAF community jointly holds 1.5 billion specimens that represent about 80% of the world’s described species. These institutions and their researchers are custodians of this irreplaceable natural heritage that serves scientific and social progress.
What will you be in charge of?
- Monitoring analysing, and reporting on the activities and policies of relevant EU and international organisations and entities.
- Contributing to define and implement an advocacy strategy for the organization.
- Coordinating CETAF’s activities in collaborative EU funded projects (responsible for the preparation of deliverables, strategies and research) and initiatives, from proposal writing to implementation and project management.
- Supporting the organisation of CETAF meetings, events, General Assemblies, etc.
- Representing CETAF at external events and in project meetings.
- The management (search, collation, maintenance, update) of information on CETAF members and their assets.
- Other tasks, including administrative ones, as required for the adequate functioning and development of the General Secretariat office and/or the Consortium.
− University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent Bachelor with working experience), preferably in science or biodiversity-related fields
− Thorough knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making processes
Essential competencies and experiences
a. Good knowledge of the EU structure and funding programmes (Horizon Europe/Missions/Partnerships in particular).
b. Excellent proven organisational and project management skills, including proposal writing.
c. Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office tools, WordPress CMS, and the ability to solve small IT problems.
d. Able to work well in an international and virtual environment.
e. Able to work and coordinate/communicate with distributed teams across countries and disciplines. f. Well-organised, with an eye for detail.
g. Excellent writing and communication skills.
h. Ability to work independently and within a team.
i. Ability to take the initiative, prioritise tasks and work under set deadlines.
j. Proficiency in learning new skills.
k. Objectives orientation and problem-solving skills.
Interested in this new challenge?
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English and as a single file to the CETAF Executive Director, Ana Casino (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line “Programmes Coordinator” by 31 January 2021, at noon. Interviews will be held at the beginning of February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.