Event review: e-Infrastructures in Belgium - What we have and what we need
BeGRID, the Belgian Grid for Research has organised an Infoday on Belgian e-Infrastructures on 14 December 2015.
The event was organised in a collaboration between:
- Belspo (Belgian Federal Science Policy Office)
- EWI (Economy, Science and Innovation Department of the Flemish public administration)
- SPW (Wallonia Public Service)
- Belnet (Belgian National research and education network)
- CÈCI (Consortium of high-performance computing centers)
- VSC (Flemish Supercomputer Centre)
The day was divided in three sessions:
- During the morning, the speakers offered an overview of the existing Belgian e-infrastructures (“What we have”).
- After lunch, projects and initiatives in various fields were presented with a focus on the challenges and expected needs in the future (“What we need”).
- At the end of the day, a panel of discussion was organised with providers, users, and funding agencies.
Conclusions of the day:
- Networking and computing e-infrastructures widely available
- Collaboration is essential between all stakeholders, and especially between academia and industry
- Catalogue of existing e-infrastructures and services
- Better training for (non IT) users
- Solutions for data storage and data management
- Sustainability of e-infrastructures, updated equipment
- Open access policies (for everyone)
All the presentations of the event are available here: http://www.begrid.be/index.php?module=blog&id=52
If you want to know more about this, please contact the CETAF Secretariat: email@example.com