Evolving Ideas: Provocative New Ways of Working with Collections
The Natural Science Collections Association is organizing its annual conference & AGM on 20 & 21 April 2017, which will be hosted by the University Museum of Zoology, Cambridge.
The meeting addresses the issue of how to enhance the ways in which museums with natural sciences collections operate.
The theme of the #NatSCA2017 conference touches on a wide set of ideas and topics – two days of sharing and discussion about how the sector could do things better.
The conference is inviting papers and posters which include:
• New models for engagement.
• Learning from outside the sector.
• Challenging established philosophies.
• Lessons from recent redevelopment projects.
• Provocations for debate about how museums go about their work.
• Ideas for improvements in collections management.
• New practices in natural sciences conservation.
• Methods for measuring impact.