Working at CETAF
Jobs & internships at CETAF's General Secretariat
Jobs @ CETAF's member institutions & other organisations of interest
The French National Museum of Natural History (MNHN) in Paris, France is inviting applications for the position of (in French) Research Engineer "Project Leader Biodiversity Data National Centre Research Infrastructure (PNDB)" (INGENIEUR(E) DE RECHERCHE « Chef de projet Infrastructure de Recherche Pôle national Données Biodiversité (PNDB) »).
The holder of the position will be responsible for the scientific and technical coordination of the Research Infrastructure research centre for biodiversity data. The person will work as part of the Data Centre team of the UMS PatriNat, which also coordinates INPN, GBIF France, and SINP, as well as the interfaces between these entities and the future Information System for Biodiversity (SIB).
Mission of the position holder:
- Operationalise the objectives of the pilot committee and the centres of excellence in charge of the scientific and strategic objectives of the infrastructure
- A major objective is to respond to the needs of the researchers and potential users of the PNDB and the rapid evolution of the research issues
- Coordinate the activities that, within the PatriNat, contribute to the construction and functioning of the PNDB
- Coordinate the construction and functioning of the PNDB with other entities within the Système Terre Research Infrastructure (AERIS, Form@Terre, MUSEUM NATIONAL D’HISTOIRE NATURELLE THEIA, OCEAN) and the Research Infrastructure that can contribute to it (AnaEE, RARe) on the one side, and with the parallel construction of the SIB under the responsibility of the AFB on the other side
- Ensure the planning and follow-up of the project
- Organise the management within PatriNat and ensure the proper communication with all the member organisations of the centre who are not a member of the PatriNat
- Participate in the management of the data centre
- Putting in place the training to facilitate and promote the use of PNDB
- Represent the centre in different national or international entities
Application deadline: 23 February 2018
Click here for more information IN FRENCH regarding this position.
The Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels, Belgium is looking for a Master of Science (fixed duration: 1 May 2018-30 April 2019) at the Scientific Secretariat on Invasive Alien Species.
The selected candidate will help implementing the tasks of the National Scientific Secretariat on Invasive Alien Species, a scientific body supporting the national implementation of the European Regulation Nr. 1143/2014 on the prevention and management of the introduction and spread of invasive alien species (http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/invasivealien/index_en.htm). This Secretariat is established within the Operational Directorate Natural Environment (OD Nature) of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.
Application deadline: 4 March 2018
Click here for more information about the vacancy.
The scientific datasets of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences need an increased visibility in the setting of the European INSPIRE Directive, which aims to harmonise spatial datasets. The Biodiversity and Ecosystems Data and Information Centre (BEDIC) of the Directorate Natural Environment is responsible for this and is looking for a candidate.
Application deadline: 13 March 2018
Click here for more information about the vacancy.
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is looking to recruit an Assistant Herbarium Curator (Cryptogams) to join their Herbarium team for a permanent, full-time vacancy.
The main focus of the post will be to manage the Cryptogamic Section of the Herbarium. The work will involve processing new accessions of cryptogams, supporting the loans and destructive sampling procedures, organising and managing recuration projects as well as supervising and providing support for users of the Cryptogam collections. The successful applicant will also support the curation of the silica-dried tissue collection, working closely with the Scientific Technical Services (STS) Department.
Application deadline: 5pm GMT on Monday 12 February 2018.
The interviews are expected to take place the week beginning the 26 February 2018.
Click here for more information about this position.
The Finnish Museum of Natural History is inviting applications for 2 permanent Curator positions, specialising in the systematics and/or biogeography of insects. For these positions applicants working on Coleoptera, Diptera, Hemiptera, or Hymenoptera are especially encouraged to apply. The appointments will begin on 1 June, 2018 or as mutually agreed. Both positions will be taken up as part of the Entomology Team of the Zoology Unit (https://www.luomus.fi/en/zoology-unit). Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Independent research in collections-based and specimen-based systematics and/or zoogeography
- Managing, amassing and developing the scientific collections together with the other team members
- Participating as experts in the museum's tasks related to education and public engagement
- Being active in obtaining external funding
- Forming and leading their own research groups
- Supervising students and junior colleagues
Application deadline: 28 February 2018
More information about these positions and how to apply can be found here.
The State Museum of Natural History in Stuttgart, Germany in looking for a Lab Technician (Malacology) (in German) in the Zoology Department of the museum.
The malacozoological collection and the marine invertebrates comprise more than 150,000 series with about 1 million single specimens. The main focus of the malacozoology unit is the investigation of the systematics, taxonomy and evolution of different mollusk groups and the documentation of the snail and mussel fauna of Baden-Wurttemberg.
- Activities with collection material, both in the dry and in the wet collection (especially alcohol-conserved)
- Technical organization of the collections, such as the incorporation of new arrivals, loan exchanges
- Photo documentation, electronic data collection or cleaning and preserving of material
- Laboratory work, such as DNA analysis, processing of samples, possibly microscopy
- Supervising of interns, etc.
- Practical cooperation in setting up exhibitions
Application deadline: 18 February 2018
Click here for more information (in German) about the position.
CETAF regularly publishes Job opportunities.
You can also go to our members' page and visit CETAF institutions official websites for vacancy announcements.